⬅ Return


31 July 2019
View repository
Hero image of our CMS that the bot interacts with.

An improvement on one of the first large class-based scripts I built that has saved our team countless hours of manual work over the last 2 years.

I added a GUI interface using a tkinter-esque library called PySimpleGUI which makes simple, functional GUI interfaces with minimal boilerplate. This allowed me to package the script as a working exe file and distribute it to other members of the team to increase productivity.

The simple interface built with PySimpleGUI with logging output behind.

The simple GUI with logging output behind

If I had to build it again I would completely overhaul the structure and use a design pattern to make it more robust and scalable. I would also split it into multiple modules to create a clear separation of concerns between the GUI frontend and the commands to be issued to the bot class.

A code example from the CMSBot class.

Code example